Do your photos feature 3 different frames?
Each photo should feature at least 2 Elements or Principles of Design. You should plan this out before you take the shot. Decide if you need to make any changes beforehand.
Elements - Colour, Texture, Form, Shape, Value, Line
Principles - Balance, Perspective, Repetition, Contrast, Unity, Emphasis, Proportion
Your photos should not look like snapshots. Try to create images that are like paintings; make specific decisions about what to include, what not to include, what angle to shoot from, what's in the background, what colours are in the image, and how the photo is lit. The use of Elements and Principles is part of this mark as well.
Professionalism is based on the attention paid to the accurate and careful presentation of the final project. Marks will be deducted from your skills/technical if your work is not submitted by the due date.
- 3 electronically submitted photographs
- images must be in colour
- images must be re-sized: 9.5 inches before framing
- images must be 180 dpi
- images must be in maximum quality JPG format
- Images must have a black and white frame.
- Add a title outside the frame: lower center
- Add a date outside the frame: lower right
- Add a your name outside the frame: lower left
Name your photos in the following way :
Planning - Insert 3 sample framing images from the Internet that you like. Your planning can be based on these images or it can be different.
For each planned image (3), answer the following:
- What is the subject of the photo?
- Where will you take it?
- What will you use as a frame?
- Which emotion are you trying to convey?
- Describe how you will incorporate at least two Elements and Principles
- Describe any other methods will you use to make the photo interesting (dof, shutter speed, rule of thirds, color splash, silhouette, etc)
Reflection - Write a two-paragraph entry. Describe each of your 3 photos. What Elements and Principles of Design are present? How did you make your images interesting and attractive? What did you find challenging about this assignment? What did you learn?