- Photo montage is when we take multiple images and combine them together to form a new image
- There is an extensive and fascinating history behind this technique
- Photoshop is a powerful tool in helping us to create a photo montage
- Research photo montage and write a 3-paragraph journal entry:
- famous montage artists
- insert 2-3 images
- Decide on a theme for your photo montage. You might want to choose an emotion or human trait (loyalty, greed, kindness, compassion, etc)
- Shoot a series of images that you might want to include in your montage to portray your theme. Go for variety - colour, texture, close-up, landscape, people, ...
- Create a montage
- Get peer feedback
- Make changes if necessary
- Submit your work
Have you chosen a theme? Do your photos convey that theme effectively? Have you used some advanced Photoshop techniques to create the montage?
I want to be impressed. Have you poured yourself into the assignment? Are the images beautiful and/or powerful? Have you gone beyond the expected? Is this something that you would be proud to show to others? Does this belong in your portfolio?
Professionalism is based on the attention paid to the accurate and careful presentation of the final project.
- 1 electronically submitted image
- 3 paragraph journal entry in Google Docs - photo montage
- image must be re-sized: longest side = 10 inches
- canvas must be re-sized: short side increased to 8 inches
- image must be 180 dpi
- image must be in maximum quality JPG format
- your image must have a frame:
- Add a title outside the frame: lower center
- Add a date outside the frame: lower right
- Add your name outside the frame: lower left
Name your assignment in the following way :