Contemporary Photographer Presentation
We are bombarded daily by images, but how many of these images really make an impression on us? The modern photographer is confronted with an increasingly de-sensitized market. No longer is it enough to achieve good exposure and focus with an interesting subject. A great photographer must push new boundaries, learn new techniques, and approach their subject in innovative and novel ways that make the viewer stop and take notice.
To create a presentation highlighting the life, photography, and accomplishments of a successful contemporary photographer. You should choose someone who is still alive and practicing photography.
Do some research to determine which photographer you'd like to make your presentation on. Please use Google Image Search with the Safe Search option set to "Strict", as nudity can be fairly common in contemporary photography.
There are many branches of contemporary photography, including commercial, fashion, sports, nature, documentary, photojournalism, fine art, architecture, landscapes, and weddings. You are free to choose a photographer from an area that interests you. Many professionals have work in a number of different areas.
I will call you to my desk, one at a time, to make your selection. Selection order will be reverse alphabetical. No duplicates.
Below are some suggestions, but I will accept any photographer that you choose, within reason.
Arno Rafael Minkkinen
Yann Arthus Bertrand
Mary Ellen Mark
Your presentation should include slides on the following topics, with pictures on every slide. Topics to include (at least one slide per topic):
- Title Page
- Early Life - When were they born? What training did they get in photography? What was their family like?
- Becoming Famous - How did they become famous? What was their big break? Was there one specific image or photo shoot that made them famous?
- Personal style - What makes them special? What sets them apart from other photographers? What techniques do they use? What equipment? What lighting?
- Timeline - Summarize their career chronologically
- List of accomplishments / awards
- Anything else you want us to know
- Their 10 most famous images (1 picture per slide, full screen)
- Be prepared to tell us detailed information about at least half of the pictures
- Improve your Internet research skills
- Create a presentation in PowerPoint
Make your slideshow look good by animating text and images, choosing a simple and attractive layout, making text easy to read, and using high-quality images
The text on your slides should be in point form. One point should be a maximum of 7 words. You should know the content well enough to elaborate on the points during your presentation.
Make us care about your photographer. Make us see them as brilliant. Bring them to life. Show excitement. Point out what is special in each of their photographs.
Professionalism is based on the attention paid to the accurate and careful presentation of the final project. This includes handing your work in on time, with the proper file name, and in the format specified.
Proper file name:
- Handed in to the Famous Photographer Presentation folder on the Photo Room server