- Photoshop can be a powerful tool for both optimizing and transforming your photography
- This is one of the first projects of the semester - we will be taking lots of pictures in order to get you comfortable with the camera again
- Before starting this project we will review many basic and advanced Photoshop skills and tools together
- By the end of this project you should feel very confident using Photoshop
- Search the Internet for Photoshop Tutorials
- Try adding the word "photography" to your search for different results
- Choose 3 tutorials to try - ones that you especially like
- Complete the tutorials using the images provided or images you find online
- Take your own pictures to use with the tutorials
- Apply the tutorials to your own pictures
- Hand in the unedited and edited versions of your pictures (6 total)
Have you handed in 3 originals and 3 edits? Are the edits significantly more interesting than the originals? Are the resulting images impressive?
I want to be impressed. Have you poured yourself into the assignment? Are the images beautiful and/or powerful? Have you gone beyond the expected? Is this something that you would be proud to show to others? Does this belong in your portfolio?
Professionalism is based on the attention paid to the accurate and careful presentation of the final project.
- 6 electronically submitted images
- 3 paragraph journal entry in Google Docs - Photoshop Fun
- your image must have a frame:
- Add a title outside the frame: lower center
- Add a date outside the frame: lower right
- Add your name outside the frame: lower left
Name your assignment in the following way :
- Example: PrenskyR_Fun1_Original.jpg
Journal Entry - 3 Paragraphs
- Why did you choose these 3 tutorials?
- What was your process for planning and capturing each image?
- What did you learn? Was this assignment useful to you?
- Self-evaluation - Give yourself a mark out of 20 for each image - Total out of 60