Historical Photographer Presentation
History is meaningless unless we are able to connect with it personally. By familiarizing ourselves with some of the important early photographers, we connect more deeply with the photography's history.
These are the men and women who fought the fight to establish photography as a legitimate art form. They are the trailblazers, the ones who applied artistic talent to a young new medium. Let's honour them by remembering and applauding their great photography.
To create a presentation highlighting the life, photography, and accomplishments of a famous photographer.
Do some research to determine which photographer you'd like to make your presentation on. I will call you to my desk, one at a time, to make your selection. Selection order will be based on the order in which you hand in your History of Photography Timeline.
W. Eugene Smith
Bernd and Hilla Becher
Lewis Hine (taken)
| Man Ray
Your presentation should include slides on the following topics, with pictures on every slide:
- Title Page
- Early Life - When were they born? What training did they get in photography? What was their family like?
- Becoming Famous - How did they become famous? What genre of photography? Time period?
- Career - Summarize their career (timeline of their life)
- List of accomplishments / awards
- Their 10 most famous slides (1 picture per slide, full screen)
- Be prepared to tell us detailed information about at least half of the pictures
- Improve your Internet research skills
- Create a presentation in PowerPoint
Make your slideshow look good by choosing a simple and attractive layout, easy to read text, and high-quality images
The text on your slides should be in point form. You should know the content well enough to elaborate on the points during your presentation.
Make us care about your photographer. Bring them to life. Show excitement. Point out to us what is special in each of their photographs.
Professionalism is based on the attention paid to the accurate and careful presentation of the final project. This includes handing your work in on time, with the proper file name, and in the format specified.
Proper file name:
- Handed in to the Famous Photographers folder on the Photo Room server